I´m really addicted to lip balm.
In every purse of mine you can find one, of course handmade. ;)
I love to make my on balms, there a so many versions you can try and for me it is a kind of self care moment.
I’m doing something special for myself or for a loved one.
The skin on your lips is super sensitiv, without any care your lips become dry and brittle during the winter.
Your lips are well hydrated and the skin barrier is protected.
Keep your lips healthy and also this is a perfect holiday gift for your bff.
Download product labels:
Here you can find some labels we designed for this lip balm, the size is 3cm x 3cm but you can change this with your printing settings.
- 2g beeswax pellets
- 8g mango butter
- 8g jojoba oil
- 2 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 1 drop vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- 0,5 g pigment Silica
Also you will need the following things for the production process:
- cooking pot
- a bowl for the water bath
- a small vessel to fill the balm
- Disinfect the vessels and put on your gloves.
- Heat the water in the pot and put another bowl in the pot
- Now add the beeswax pellets
- Add the mango butter after a short time
- When everything has melted, take the bowl out oft he pot
- Continue stirrer and add immediately the jojoba oil
- Add the pigment
- Finally, add two drops of Grapefruit oil and one drop of Vitamin E
- Now fill everything in a small container and let it harden in the air for 24 hours
- Your balm is finished
Why I use this ingredients:
- Vitmain E is antioxidants and prevent the oils and butters from going rancid too quickly
- I like the smell of Grapfruit, that’s why i use this essential, feel free to use a different one, but some essential oils are photosensitising, so use it sparingly in a everday product
- Jojoba oil is a liquid wax, a perfect moisturizer
- Mango butter serves as an extra protective barrier on the surface of your skin
Without pigment and shimmer you can use it also like a cold cream especially in the winter, for under your eyes, for your elbows and knees.
The most important thing, make sure you use 100% pure ingredients!
Enjoy mixing and #rockourskintogether